why does old driver need to be removed before build in ant ?

От aditya Kulkarni
Тема why does old driver need to be removed before build in ant ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi...

When i try to build the JDBC driver with ant jar, it says that i need
to remove the older driver from the classpath. When i look at the
build.xml, this is a simple check with a fail message.

I don't understand why this has to be done. How will it affect the
build process? I don't see any problem in compiling the driver and
building the jar . Why is this check present ?

Thanks in advance
--
Aditya Kulkarni