Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned index

От Alexander Pyhalov
Тема Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY on partitioned index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Justin Pryzby писал 2023-03-26 17:51:
> On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 01:09:35PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>> This currently handles partitions with a loop around the whole CIC
>> implementation, which means that things like WaitForLockers() happen
>> once for each index, the same as REINDEX CONCURRENTLY on a partitioned
>> table.  Contrast that with ReindexRelationConcurrently(), which
>> handles
>> all the indexes on a table in one pass by looping around indexes
>> within
>> each phase.
>
> Rebased over the progress reporting fix (27f5c712b).
>
> I added a list of (intermediate) partitioned tables, rather than
> looping
> over the list of inheritors again, to save calling rel_get_relkind().
>
> I think this patch is done.

Hi.

Overall looks good to me. However, I think that using 'partitioned' as
list of partitioned index oids in DefineIndex() is a bit misleading -
we've just used it as boolean, specifying if we are dealing with a
partitioned relation.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,