Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024-04-18 Th 02:04, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 07:47:38AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Here's v2 of the cleanup patch 4, that fixes some more typos kindly pointed
out to me by Alexander Lakhin.
I can see that this has been applied as of 42fa4b660143 with some
extra commits.

Anyway, I have noticed another thing in the surroundings that's
annoying.  003 has this logic:
use File::Temp qw(tempfile);
[...]
my ($fh, $fname) = tempfile();

print $fh $stdout,"\n";

close($fh);

This creates a temporary file in /tmp/ that remains around, slowing
bloating the temporary file space on a node while leaving around some
data.

My bad, I should have used the UNLINK option like in the other tests.

 Why using File::Temp::tempfile here?  Couldn't you just use a
file in a PostgreSQL::Test::Utils::tempdir() that would be cleaned up
once the test finishes?

That's another possibility, but I think the above is the simplest.

Per [1], escape_json() has no coverage outside its default path.  Is
that intended?

Not particularly. I'll add some stuff to get complete coverage.

Documenting all these test files with a few comments would be welcome,
as well, with some copyright notices...

ok

        json_file = fopen(testfile, "r");        fstat(fileno(json_file), &statbuf);        bytes_left = statbuf.st_size;

No checks on failure of fstat() here?

ok will fix

        json_file = fopen(argv[2], "r");

Second one in test_json_parser_perf.c, with more stuff for fread().

ok will fix

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions
Сообщение: Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions