Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2024-04-02 at 11:49 +0300, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> I don't like the idea that every custom table AM reltoptions should
> begin with StdRdOptions.  I would rather introduce the new data
> structure with table options, which need to be accessed outside of
> table AM.  Then reloptions will be a backbox only directly used in
> table AM, while table AM has a freedom on what to store in reloptions
> and how to calculate externally-visible options.  What do you think?

Hi Alexander!

I agree with all of that. It will take some refactoring to get there,
though.

One idea is to store StdRdOptions like normal, but if an unrecognized
option is found, ask the table AM if it understands the option. In that
case I think we'd just use a different field in pg_class so that it can
use whatever format it wants to represent its options.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis