Re: Date created for tables

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Date created for tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/24/19 8:44 AM, Ron wrote:
> On 12/24/19 10:39 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

>>> You all are *grossly* over-complicating this.
>>
>> Not really. This discussion has come up before and it starts with the
>> simple case of timestamp the initial CREATE. This would suffice for
>> some folks. However, it then progresses into a request for full object
>> audit system.
>
> This is directly akin to Henry Ford refusing to build cars because
> people will *someday*** want computerized fuel injection, crumple zones
> and air bags.

No it is following this:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/26/

and this:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20191223051726.GA30778%40fetter.org

and understanding there are finite resources and that not everything is
going to get done and that choices have to be made. Given that there are
alternatives available I can see why this choice does not rise to the
level of imminent action.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com