Re: Fwd: is there any adverse effect on DB if I set autovacuum scalefactor to zero?

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Fwd: is there any adverse effect on DB if I set autovacuum scalefactor to zero?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/13/2018 04:24 PM, Ashu Pachauri wrote:
> + pgsql-general
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ashu Pachauri

Increasing autovacuum_max_workers is unlikely to solve the issue with
throughput, because all the workers are throttled together - there's a
limit on the amount of work that can be done per second. Increasing the
number of workers is akin to allowing more cars on a highway, but also
lowering the speed limit.

You need to increase the limit on amount of work, and lowering naptime
is one way to do that.

regards