Re: Problem starting up PostgreSQL 8.0 database service in Windows 2003 server

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: Problem starting up PostgreSQL 8.0 database service in Windows 2003 server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 12/7/06, ron <bragustin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please kindly help me with this problem I am experiencing with starting up a
> PostgreSQL 8.0 db service in a Windows 2003 server.
>  Whenever I attempt to restart the service I always get the message: "The
> PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0  on Local Computer started and then stopped.
>  Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example,
> the Performance Logs and Alerts service."
>
>  I tried running postgres in command line with:
> c:\...\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin\postgres -
> D:\Progra...\PostgreSQL\8.0\data template1 gives me:
>  "Execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissions is not
> permitted. The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID
>  to prevent possible  system security compromises. ..."

Go to Control Panel --> users --> L  ocate the user
you use to login. convert the account to a limited account.

OR

create a new user postgres and do not give administrative rights
while creating. Run postgres using that user.

I havent' run postgresql on windows yet so i cannot give very specific
instructions but i hope you got the point.

Regds
mallah