Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Jeff Davis wrote:

> > postgres=# create database test1 locale='fr_FR.UTF-8';
> > NOTICE:  using standard form "fr-FR" for ICU locale "fr_FR.UTF-8"
> > ERROR:  new ICU locale (fr-FR) is incompatible with the ICU locale of
>
> I don't see a problem here. If you specify LOCALE to CREATE DATABASE,
> you should either be using "TEMPLATE template0", or you should be
> expecting an error if the LOCALE doesn't match exactly.
>
> What would you like to see happen here?

What's odd is that initdb starting in an fr_FR.UTF-8 environment
found that "fr" was the default ICU locale to use, whereas
"create database" reports that "fr" and "fr_FR.UTF-8" refer to
incompatible locales.

To me initdb is wrong when coming up with the less precise "fr"
instead of "fr-FR".

I suggest the attached patch to call uloc_getDefault() instead of the
current code that somehow leaves out the country/region component.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
https://postgresql.verite.pro/

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Is NEW.ctid usable as table_tuple_satisfies_snapshot?
Сообщение: Re: Is NEW.ctid usable as table_tuple_satisfies_snapshot?