Make the primary key a multilingual value

От Ransika de Silva
Тема Make the primary key a multilingual value
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I have a requirement of storing multilingual words and hence planing to utilize the Unicode support of the database tables. The question that I have is, will there be a problem if I make the primary key of a table multilingual, in the sense let's say we are storing names of each country in English, German, Sinhala (Language used in Sri Lanka) and Japanese in the same table, so having the country name column to store different languages will it be a problem?

We require to search the database for the matching names.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,
Ransika De Silva