Re: How to build with bigger WAL segment file?

От Clodoaldo Pinto
Тема Re: How to build with bigger WAL segment file?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2006/6/19, Clodoaldo Pinto <clodoaldo.pinto@gmail.com>:
> Since I have a database with a frequent and huge update batch, the WAL
> segment file number is about 130. I suspect these files management
> during the update is hurting performance. Is it likely? I'm using
> Fedora Core 3 and checkpoint_segments is set to 64.
>
> To overcome this I'm considering to make the WAL segment files bigger.
> The segment file default size is 16 MB. How to build from the source
> rpm to have bigger files, say 128 MB?

I found it in src/include/pg_config_manual.h:
/*
 * XLOG_SEG_SIZE is the size of a single WAL file.    This must be a power of 2
 * and larger than BLCKSZ (preferably, a great deal larger than BLCKSZ).
 *
 * Changing XLOG_SEG_SIZE requires an initdb.
 */
#define XLOG_SEG_SIZE    (16*1024*1024)

Сообщение: Re: Adding foreign key constraints without integrity
Сообщение: Re: Adding foreign key constraints without integrity