Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2023-05-17 at 19:59 -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> I did a quicker read through this time. LGTM overall. I like what you
> did with the explanations around sensitivity (now it makes sense).

Committed, thank you.

There are a few things I don't understand that would be good to
document better:

* Rules. I still don't quite understand the use case: are these for
people inventing new languages? What is a plausible use case that isn't
covered by the existing locales and collation settings? Do rules make
sense for a database default collation? Are they for language experts
only or might an ordinary developer benefit from using them?

* The collation types "phonebk", "emoji", etc.: are these variants of
particular locales, or do they make sense in multiple locales? I don't
know where they fit in or how to document them.

* I don't understand what "kc" means if "ks" is not set to "level1".

Regards,
    Jeff Davis