Re: A failure in prepared_xacts test

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: A failure in prepared_xacts test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 01:11:00AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Up to now, we've only worried about whether tests running in parallel
> within a single test suite can interact.  It's quite scary to think
> that the meson setup has expanded the possibility of interactions
> to our entire source tree.  Maybe that was a bad idea and we should
> fix the meson infrastructure to not do that.  I fear that otherwise,
> we'll get bit regularly by very-low-probability bugs of this kind.

I don't disagree with your point, still I'm not sure that this can be
made entirely bullet-proof.  Anyway, I think that we should still
improve this test and make it more robust for parallel operations:
installcheck fails equally on HEAD if there is a prepared transaction
on the backend where the tests run, and that seems like a bad idea to
me to rely on cluster-wide scans for what should be a "local" test.
--
Michael

Вложения