Re: pg17 issues with not-null contraints

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: pg17 issues with not-null contraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 08:11:49PM +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2024-Apr-15, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > - Fourth thought: we do as in the third thought, except we also allow
> > DROP CONSTRAINT a constraint that's marked "local, inherited" to be
> > simply an inherited constraint (remove its "local" marker).
>
> Here is an initial implementation of what I was thinking.  Can you
> please give it a try and see if it fixes this problem?  At least in my
> run of your original test case, it seems to work as expected.

Yes, this fixes the issue I reported.

BTW, that seems to be the same issue Andrew reported in January.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAJnzarwkfRu76_yi3dqVF_WL-MpvT54zMwAxFwJceXdHB76bOA%40mail.gmail.com

--
Justin

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes