Re: Reports on obsolete Postgres versions

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Reports on obsolete Postgres versions
Дата
Re: Reports on obsolete Postgres versions  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr  2, 2024 at 11:34:46AM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2024 at 9:24 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>     A few small comments:
>
>     +considers performing minor upgrades to be less risky than continuing to
>     +run superseded minor versions.</em>
>
>     I think "superseded minor versions" could be unnecessarily complicated for
>     non-native speakers, I consider myself fairly used to reading english but
>     still
>     had to spend a few extra (brain)cycles parsing the meaning of it in this
>     context.
>
>     + We recommend that users always run the latest minor release associated
>
>     Or perhaps "current minor release" which is the term we use in the table
>     below
>     on the same page?
>
> I do like the term "current"  better. It conveys (at least a bit) that we
> really consider all the older ones to be, well, obsolete. The difference
> "current vs obsolete" is stronger than "latest vs not quite latest".

Okay, I changed "superseded" to "old", and changed "latest" to
"current", patch attached.

Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: add function argument names to regex* functions.