Re: pgsql: Track last_inactive_time in pg_replication_slots.

От Bertrand Drouvot
Тема Re: pgsql: Track last_inactive_time in pg_replication_slots.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 01:45:23PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 1:09 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 2024-Mar-26, Amit Kapila wrote:
> >
> > > We have a consensus on inactive_since, so I'll make that change.
> >
> > Sounds reasonable.  So this is a timestamptz if the slot is inactive,
> > NULL if active, right?
> >

> Yes.
>
> >  What value is it going to have for sync slots?
> >

> The behavior will be the same for non-sync slots. In each sync cycle,
> we acquire/release the sync slots. So at the time of release,
> inactive_since will be updated. See email [1].

I don't think we should set inactive_since to the current time at each sync cycle,
see [1] as to why. What do you think?

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ZgKGIDC5lttWTdJH%40ip-10-97-1-34.eu-west-3.compute.internal

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: Catalog domain not-null constraints