Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 01:29:46PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> What is less clear is whether there is a consensus in favor of this
> particular method of disabling ALTER SYSTEM, namely, via a GUC. The
> two alternate approaches that seem to enjoy some level of support are
> (a) an extension or (b) changing the permissions on the files.

I am wondering if the fact that you would be able to do:

        ALTER SYSTEM SET externally_managed_configuration = false

and then be unable to use ALTER SYSTEM to revert the change is
significant.  I can't think of many such cases.

Isn't "configuration" too generic a term for disabling ALTER SYSTEM?