Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От Bertrand Drouvot
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Sat, Mar 16, 2024 at 09:29:01AM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> I've also responded to Bertrand's comments here.

Thanks!

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2024 at 3:56 PM Bertrand Drouvot
> <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 5 ===
> >
> > -# Check conflict_reason is NULL for physical slot
> > +# Check invalidation_reason is NULL for physical slot
> >  $res = $node_primary->safe_psql(
> >         'postgres', qq[
> > -                SELECT conflict_reason is null FROM pg_replication_slots where slot_name = '$primary_slotname';]
> > +                SELECT invalidation_reason is null FROM pg_replication_slots where slot_name =
'$primary_slotname';]
> >  );
> >

> > I don't think this test is needed anymore: it does not make that much sense since
> > it's done after the primary database initialization and startup.
>
> It is now turned into a test verifying 'conflicting boolean' is null
> for the physical slot. Isn't that okay?

Yeah makes more sense now, thanks!

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: Bertrand Drouvot
Сообщение: Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation