Re: Add new error_action COPY ON_ERROR "log"

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add new error_action COPY ON_ERROR "log"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 08, 2024 at 03:36:30PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Please see the attached v5-0001 patch implementing LOG_VERBOSITY with
> options 'default' and 'verbose'. v5-0002 adds the detailed info to
> ON_ERROR 'ignore' option.

I may be reading this patch set incorrectly, but why doesn't this
patch generate one NOTICE per attribute, as suggested by Sawada-san,
incrementing num_errors once per row when the last attribute has been
processed?  Also, why not have a test that checks that multiple rows
spawn more than more messages in some distributed fashion?  Did you
look at this idea?

> We have a CF entry https://commitfest.postgresql.org/47/4798/ for the
> original idea proposed in this thread, that is, to have the ON_ERROR
> 'log' option. I'll probably start a new thread and add a new CF entry
> in the next commitfest if there's no objection from anyone.

Hmm.  You are referring to the part where you'd want to control where
the errors are sent, right?  At least, what you have here would
address point 1) mentioned in the first message of this thread.
--
Michael

Вложения