Re: Missing LWLock protection in pgstat_reset_replslot()

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Missing LWLock protection in pgstat_reset_replslot()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 07, 2024 at 11:30:55AM +0530, shveta malik wrote:
> It slightly improves the chances.  pgstat_fetch_replslot is only
> called from pg_stat_get_replication_slot(), I thought it might be
> better to acquire lock before we call pgstat_fetch_replslot and
> release once we are done copying the results for that particular slot.
> But  I also understand that it will not prevent someone from dropping
> that slot at a later stage when the rest of the calls of
> pg_stat_get_replication_slot() are still pending.

I doubt that there will be more callers of pgstat_fetch_replslot() in
the near future, but at least we would be a bit safer with these
internals IDs when manipulating the slots, when considered in
isolation of this API call

> So I am okay with the current one.

Okay, noted.

Let's give a couple of days to others, in case there are more
comments.  (Patch looked OK here after a second look this afternoon.)
--
Michael

Вложения