Re: Injection points: some tools to wait and wake

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Injection points: some tools to wait and wake
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 04, 2024 at 10:51:41AM +0100, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> Yeah, it makes sense that you'd want to backport fixes/changes to
> this. As long as you put a disclaimer in the docs that you can do that
> for this module, I think it would be fine. Our tests fairly regularly
> break anyway when changing minor versions of postgres in our CI, e.g.
> due to improvements in the output of isolationtester. So if changes to
> this module require some changes that's fine by me. Seems much nicer
> than having to copy-paste the code.

In my experience, anybody who does serious testing with their product
integrated with Postgres have two or three types of builds with their
own scripts: one with assertions, -DG and other developer-oriented
options enabled, and one for production deployments with more
optimized options like -O2.  Once there are custom scripts to build
and package Postgres, do we really need to move that to contrib/ at
all?  make install would work for a test module as long as the command
is run locally in its directory.
--
Michael

Вложения