Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 06:39:48PM +0900, Sutou Kouhei wrote:
> If so, adding the change independently on HEAD makes
> sense. But I don't know why that improves
> performance... Inlining?

I guess so.  It does not make much of a difference, though.  The thing
is that the dispatch caused by the custom callbacks called for each
row is noticeable in any profiles I'm taking (not that much in the
worst-case scenarios, still a few percents), meaning that this impacts
the performance for all the in-core formats (text, csv, binary) as
long as we refactor text/csv/binary to use the routines of copyapi.h.
I don't really see a way forward, except if we don't dispatch the
in-core formats to not impact the default cases.  That makes the code
a bit less elegant, but equally efficient for the existing formats.
--
Michael

Вложения