Re: Add system identifier to backup manifest

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add system identifier to backup manifest
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 05:41:46PM +0530, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 3:05 PM Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Kindly have a look at the attached version.
>
> IMHO, 0001 looks fine, except probably the comment could be phrased a
> bit more nicely.

And the new option should be documented at the top of the init()
routine for perldoc.

> That can be left for whoever commits this to
> wordsmith. Michael, what are your plans?

Not much, so feel free to not wait for me.  I've just read through the
patch because I like the idea/feature :)

> 0002 seems like a reasonable approach, but there's a hunk in the wrong
> patch: 0004 modifies pg_combinebackup's check_control_files to use
> get_dir_controlfile() rather than git_controlfile(), but it looks to
> me like that should be part of 0002.

I'm slightly concerned about 0002 that silently changes the meaning of
get_controlfile().  That would impact extension code without people
knowing about it when compiling, just when they run their stuff under
17~.
--
Michael

Вложения