От Bertrand Drouvot
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 06:48:37AM +0000, Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu) wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 28, 2024 2:38 PM Bertrand Drouvot <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 08:49:19AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:

> > operators in the queries.

> > > Few comments:
> > > ===============
> > > 1.
> > > - if (logical)
> > > + if (logical || !replication)
> > >   {
> > >
> > > Can we add a comment about connection types that require
> > > ALWAYS_SECURE_SEARCH_PATH_SQL?
> >
> > Yeah, will do.
> >

> > > 2.
> > > Can we add a test case to demonstrate that the '=' operator can be
> > > hijacked to do different things when the slotsync worker didn't use
> > > ALWAYS_SECURE_SEARCH_PATH_SQL?
> >
> > I don't think that's good to create a test to show how to hijack an operator
> > within a background worker.
> >
> > I had a quick look and did not find existing tests in this area around
> > ALWAYS_SECURE_SEARCH_PATH_SQL / search_patch and background worker.
>
> I think a similar commit 11da970 has added a test for the search_path, e.g.

Oh right, thanks for sharing!

But do we think it's worth to show how to hijack an operator within a background
worker "just" to verify that the search_path works as expected?

I don't think it's worth it but will do if others have different opinions.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team