Re: Is this a problem in GenericXLogFinish()?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Is this a problem in GenericXLogFinish()?
Дата
RE: Is this a problem in GenericXLogFinish()?  ("Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 01, 2023 at 03:27:33PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Pushed!

Amit, this has been applied as of 861f86beea1c, and I got pinged about
the fact this triggers inconsistencies because we always set the LSN
of the write buffer (wbuf in _hash_freeovflpage) but
XLogRegisterBuffer() would *not* be called when the two following
conditions happen:
- When xlrec.ntups <= 0.
- When !xlrec.is_prim_bucket_same_wrt && !xlrec.is_prev_bucket_same_wrt

And it seems to me that there is still a bug here: there should be no
point in setting the LSN on the write buffer if we don't register it
in WAL at all, no?
--
Michael

Вложения