Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests
Дата
Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests  (Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com>)
Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests  (Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 10:27:09AM +0530, Dilip Kumar wrote:
> Oops, I only included the code changes where I am adding injection
> points and some comments to verify that, but missed the actual test
> file. Attaching it here.

I see.  Interesting that this requires persistent connections to work.
That's something I've found clunky to rely on when the scenarios a
test needs to deal with are rather complex.  That's an area that could
be made easier to use outside of this patch..  Something got proposed
by Andrew Dunstan to make the libpq routines usable through a perl
module, for example.

> Note:  I think the latest patches are conflicting with the head, can you rebase?

Indeed, as per the recent manipulations in ipci.c for the shmem
initialization areas.  Here goes a v6.
--
Michael

Вложения