Re: Is it possible to add support for PostgreSQL-15 and newer versions in omnipitr?

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Is it possible to add support for PostgreSQL-15 and newer versions in omnipitr?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Dec 05, 2023 at 01:10:18PM +0800, xuzhao.zhao wrote:
> Hi depesz,
> We currently use omnipitr-backup-slave to backup our database for PG14 and
> earlier versions. However, there have been changes to the backup process in
> PG15 that have rendered omnipitr-backup-slave unable to function.
> Changes are as follows:
>
>  * Functions pg_start_backup()/pg_stop_backup() have been renamed to
>    pg_backup_start()/pg_backup_stop()
>  * Remove long-deprecated exclusive backup mode. The connection calling
>    pg_backup_start must be maintained until the end of the backup, or
>    the backup will be automatically aborted.
>
> Is it possible for the omnipitr-backup-slave tool to execute
> pg_start_backup() and keep the session open until it can also execute
> pg_stop_backup() after the tarball is created?

Hi,
that would take some not-trivial changes, and the code isn't really
maintained. I don't think the company that I developed it for even
exists anymore.

These days I would recommend migrating to something different like
pgbackrest, for example.

Best regards,

depesz