Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add new option 'all' to pg_stat_reset_shared()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 02:07:21PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Modified the docs for pg_stat_reset_slru to match with that of
> pg_stat_reset_shared. PSA v2 patch.

That feels consistent.  Thanks.

> I noticed that the commit 23c8c0c8 missed to add proargnames =>
> '{target}' in .dat file for pg_stat_reset_shared, is it intentional?
> Naming the argument in system_funtion.sql is enough to be able to pass
> in named arguments like SELECT pg_stat_reset_shared(target := 'io');,
> but is it needed in .dat file as well to keep it consistent?

I don't see a need to do that because, as you say, the functions are
redefined for their default values, meaning that they'll also have
argument names consistent with the docs.  There are quite a few like
that in pg_proc.dat like pg_promote, pg_backup_start,
json_populate_record, etc.
--
Michael

Вложения