Re: Version 14/15 documentation Section "Alter Default Privileges"

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Version 14/15 documentation Section "Alter Default Privileges"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 11:01:59AM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 05:49:42PM +0200, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> > True.  I have done that in the attached patch.
> > In this patch, it is mentioned *twice* that ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
> > only affects objects created by the current user.  I thought that
> > would not harm, but if it is too redundant, I can remove the second
> > mention.
>
> I think it is fine, and I have marked the patch as ready-for-committer.
>
> I think it should be applied to all branches, not just 14/15 as
> mentioned in the subject.

I have developed the attached patch on top of the alter default patch I
just applied.  It is more radical, making FOR ROLE clearer, and also
moving my new FOR ROLE text up to the first paragraph, and reordering
the paragraphs to be clearer.

I think this is too radical for backpatch to 11/12, but I think
16/master makes sense after the minor releases next week.

Вложения