Re: [patch] pg_basebackup: mention that spread checkpoints are the default in --help

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [patch] pg_basebackup: mention that spread checkpoints are the default in --help
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 10:30:04PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hrm right, but those have multiple options and they do not enumerate
> them in the help string as do -F and -c - not sure what general project
> policy here is for mentioning defaults in --help, I will check some of
> the other commands.

Then comes the point that this bloats the --help output.  A bunch of
system commands I use on a daily-basis outside Postgres don't do that,
so it's kind of hard to put a line on what's good or not in this area
while we have the SGML and man pages to do the job, with always more
details.
--
Michael

Вложения