Re: BUG #15172: Postgresql ts_headline with <-> operator does not highlight text properly

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #15172: Postgresql ts_headline with <-> operator does not highlight text properly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Aug  3, 2022 at 02:02:51PM -0400, Alex Malek wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 1:58 PM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>
> wrote:
>     I have a noticed a likely bug when using ts_headline with the <-> operator
>
>     Assuming the following query:
>
>     SELECT ts_headline('English','This Commercial Bank does not have any Equity
>     in Europe but European Commercial Bank does',
>                         phraseto_tsquery('English','European Commercial
>     Bank')::tsquery);
>
>     The returned result is:
>
>     This highlights the words Commercial & Bank separately in addition to
>     European Commercial Bank.
>
>     However, the correct output expected should be:
>     This Commercial Bank does not have any Equity in Europe but <b>European</b>
>
>     Which only highlights *European Commercial Bank* due to the <-> operator in
>     phraseto_tsquery.
>
>     SELECT phraseto_tsquery('English','European Commercial Bank');
>     returns 'european' <-> 'commerci' <-> 'bank' as expected indicating the
>     problem is with ts_headline function.

I tested this against Postgres 11 and master (and you tested on PG 10
and 14) and I found the same behavior, plus I found someting even
worse:

    SELECT ts_headline('English',
    'This Commercial Bank does not have any Equity in Europe but European Commercial Bank does',
    ('''equiti'' <-> ''bank''')::tsquery);
                                                      ts_headline

Notice that "Bank" and "Equity" are not next to each other, but they
still highlight.  In fact, the words appear to be independently checked:

    SELECT ts_headline('English',
    'This Commercial Bank does not have any Equity in Europe but European Commercial Bank does',
    ('''XXX'' <-> ''bank''')::tsquery);
                                                   ts_headline

Is this documented somewhere?