Re: wal recycling problem

От Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Тема Re: wal recycling problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

## Fabrice Chapuis (fabrice636861@gmail.com):

> on the other hand there are 2 slots for logical replication which display
> status extended. I don't understand why given that the confirmed_flush_lsn
> field that is up to date. The restart_lsn remains frozen, for what reason?

There you have it - "extended" means "holding wal". And as long as the
restart_lsn does not advance, checkpointer cannot free any wal beyond
that lsn. My first idea would be some long-running (or huge) transaction
which is in process (active or still being streamed). I'd recommend
looking into what the clients on these slots are doing.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space