Re: Could not run generate_unaccent_rules.py script when update unicode

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Could not run generate_unaccent_rules.py script when update unicode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 09:15:00AM +0800, Japin Li wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2023 at 08:03, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> I am not sure that many people run this script frequently so that may
>> not be worth adding a check for a defined, still empty or incorrect
>
> Yeah, not frequently, however, it already be used by me, since we provide this
> function, why not make it better?

Well, I don't mind doing as you suggest.

>> value, but..  If you were to change the Makefile we use in this path,
>> how are you suggesting to change it?
>
> I provide a patch at bottom of in [1].  Attached here again.

No file was attached so I somewhat missed it.  And indeed, you're
right.  The current rule is useless when compiling without
--with-python, as PYTHON is empty but defined.  What you are proposing
is similar to what pgxs.mk does for bison and flex, and "python" would
still be able to map to python3 or python2.7, which should be OK in
most cases.

I thought that this was quite old, but no, f85a485f8 was at the origin
of that.  So I've applied the patch down to 13.
--
Michael

Вложения