Re: BUG #18124: PG16 release note document bug in "Add build option to allow testing of small WAL segment sizes"

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #18124: PG16 release note document bug in "Add build option to allow testing of small WAL segment sizes"
Дата
Ответ на BUG #18124: PG16 release note document bug in "Add build option to allow testing of small WAL segment sizes"  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 06:39:39AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Bug reference:      18124
> Logged by:          TAKATSUKA Haruka
> Email address:      harukat@sraoss.co.jp
> PostgreSQL version: 16.0
> Operating system:   any
>
> It seems that "WAL" is unnecessary in the following item.
>
> doc/src/sgml/release-16.sgml:
> |<!--
> |Author: Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>
> |2022-12-07 [d3b111e32] Add option to specify segment size in blocks
> |-->
> |
> |     <listitem>
> |      <para>
> |       Add build option to allow testing of small <acronym>WAL</acronym>
> |       segment sizes (Andres Freund)
> |      </para>

Uh, it is true that we don't have any segment sizes other than WAL, but
I am not sure people would easily know that, so I added WAL so people
knew.