Re: Remove IndexInfo.ii_OpclassOptions field

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Remove IndexInfo.ii_OpclassOptions field
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 08:57:58AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> During some refactoring I noticed that the field IndexInfo.ii_OpclassOptions
> is kind of useless.  The IndexInfo struct is notionally an executor support
> node, but this field is not used in the executor or by the index AM code.
> It is really just used in DDL code in index.c and indexcmds.c to pass
> information around locally.  For that, it would be clearer to just use local
> variables, like for other similar cases.  With that change, we can also
> remove RelationGetIndexRawAttOptions(), which only had one caller left, for
> which it was overkill.

I am not so sure.  There is a very recent thread where it has been
pointed out that we have zero support for relcache invalidation with
index options, causing various problems:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAGem3qAM7M7B3DdccpgepRxuoKPd2Y74qJ5NSNRjLiN21dPhgg%40mail.gmail.com

Perhaps we'd better settle on the other one before deciding if the
change you are proposing here is adapted or not.
--
Michael

Вложения