Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 09:37:28PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> I understand that it's possible for it to be conditional, but I don't
> undertand why it's desirable/important ?

Because it's cheaper on repeated commands, like no CCI necessary.

> It's not conditional in the tablespace code that this follows, nor
> others like ATExecSetStatistics(), ATExecForceNoForceRowSecurity(),
> ATExecSetCompression(), etc, some of which are recently-added.  If it's
> important to do here, isn't it also important to do everywhere else ?

Good point here.  I am OK to discard this point.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: FATAL: operator class "xxxx" does not exist for access method "btree"
Сообщение: FATAL: operator class "xxxx" does not exist for access method "btree"