Re: Support logical replication of DDLs

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 02:28:08PM +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> I've considered some alternative approaches but I prefer the second
> approach. A long test time could not be a big problem unless we run it
> by default. We can prepare a buildfarm animal that is configured to
> run the DDL deparse tests.

An extra option is to have some tests in core, then control their
execution with a new value in PG_TEST_EXTRA so as one has an easy way
to run the tests that a buildfarm machine would run.  We have already
solved any problems related to full pg_regress runs in TAP tests, as
proved by 002_pg_upgrade.pl and 027_stream_regress.pl, but I doubt
that everybody would accept the workload of an extra full run of the
main regression test suite by default for the sake of what's being
developed on this thread.
--
Michael

Вложения