Re: Use COPY for populating all pgbench tables

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Use COPY for populating all pgbench tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 23, 2023 at 08:21:51PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Cool.  I have applied the new tests for now to move on with this
> thread.

I have done a few more things on this patch today, including
measurements with a local host and large scaling numbers.  One of my
hosts was taking for instance around 36.8s with scale=500 using the
INSERTs and 36.5s with the COPY when loading data (average of 4
runs) with -I dtg.

Greg's upthread point is true as well that for high latency the
server-side generation is the most adapted option, but I don't see a
reason to not switch to a COPY as this option is hidden behind -I,
just for the sake of improving the default option set.  So, at the
end, applied.
--
Michael

Вложения