Re: [BUG] recovery of prepared transactions during promotion can fail

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [BUG] recovery of prepared transactions during promotion can fail
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 11:11:55AM +0200, Julian Markwort wrote:
> I see you've already undone it.
> Attached is a patch for 009_twophase.pl to just try this corner case at the very end, so as not to influence other
> existing tests in suite.
>
> When I run this on REL_14_8 I get the error again, sort of as a sanity check...

+$cur_primary->enable_archiving;

enable_archiving is a routine aimed at being used internally by
Cluster.pm, so this does not sound like a good idea to me.

Relying on a single node to avoid the previous switchover problem is a
much better idea than what I have tried, but wouldn't it be better to
just move the new test to a separate script and parallelize more?  The
runtime of 009_twophase.pl is already quite long.

It is worth noting that I am not going to take any bets with the
buildfarm before 16beta2.  Doing that after REL_16_STABLE is created
will limit the risks.
--
Michael

Вложения