Re: pg_dump assertion failure with "-n pg_catalog"

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_dump assertion failure with "-n pg_catalog"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 03:47:59PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> The new patch does add about 40 net lines, though.

I have looked at dumps generated from servers down to 9.2, and these
seemed OK.

> Given that it fixes an obscure issue, I'm not even sure if it should be
> backported -- perhaps it could just go in 17 as more of a cleanup than
> a bugfix?

Not sure to agree about this point.  The first version where this
happens is v15, meaning that two branches are impacted currently.  So
the cost of backpatch is minimal.

> Even aside from the issue fixed by this patch, there are other warnings
> emitted when dumping pg_catalog related to types with typtype='p' and
> typisdefined=t.

Right, there are 14 of them, except _record.  This is actually much,
much older than the collation bits.
--
Michael

Вложения