Re: v16 fails to build w/ Visual Studio 2015

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: v16 fails to build w/ Visual Studio 2015
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 07, 2023 at 03:04:16PM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 07, 2023 at 11:34:09PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Apparently, nobody has used it between Sat Jul 9 08:52:19 2022 and now?

One week close enough.  I have run checks on VS 2015 back when working
on 6203583, but I don't have this environment at hand anymore.

> Essentially.  I assume you're referring to commit 964d01a "Automatically
> generate node support functions".  I bet it actually broke a few days later,
> at ff33a8c "Remove artificial restrictions on which node types have out/read
> funcs."

Note that the last version-dependent checks of _MSC_VER have been
removed in the commit I am mentioning above, so the gain in removing
VS 2015 is marginal.  Even less once src/tools/msvc/ gets removed.
But perhaps it makes a few things easier with meson in mind?

I don't think that's a reason enough to officially remove support for
VS 2015 on 17~ and let it be for v16, though.  It seems like my old
Windows env was one bug in the Matrix, and I've moved one to newer
versions already.
--
Michael

Вложения