Re: Partial aggregates pushdown

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Partial aggregates pushdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun  5, 2023 at 12:00:27PM +0300, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Note that after these changes "select sum()" will fail for certain cases,
> when remote server version is not the latest. In other cases we tried
> to preserve compatibility. Should we have a switch for a foreign server to
> turn this optimization off? Or do we just state that users
> should use different workarounds if remote server version doesn't match
> local one?

We covered this in April in this and previous emails:

    https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ZDGTza4rovCa%2BN3d%40momjian.us

We don't check the version number for _any_ builtin functions so why
would we need to check for aggregate pushdown?  Yes, these will be new
functions in PG 17, we have added functions regularly in major releases
and have never heard reports of problems about that.

This patch will filter pushdown based on the FDW extension whitelist:

    https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230408041614.wfasmdm46bupbif4%40awork3.anarazel.de