Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 11:08:18PM -0400, Isaac Morland wrote:
> On Fri, 19 May 2023 at 22:59, jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>     Sorry for changing the subject line.....
>
>     these two commits seems not mentioned.
>

> On a similar topic, should every committed item from the commitfest be
> mentioned, or only ones that are significant enough?
>
> I’m wondering because I had a role in this very small item, yet I don’t see it
> listed in the psql section:

> It’s OK if we don’t mention every single change, I just want to make sure I
> understand.

I have never considered the presence of an item in the commitfest as an
indicator of importance to be in the release notes.  The major release
notes, for me, is a balance of listing the most visible changes without
going into unmanageable detail.

Сообщение: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Сообщение: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready