Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for v16

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for v16
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 12:00:00PM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> Please look at the following two bunches for v14+ and v13+ (split to ease
> back-patching if needed). Having processed them, I've reached the state that
> could be considered "clean" ([2], [3]); at least I don't see how to detect
> yet more errors of this class in dozens, so it's my last run for now (though I
> have several entities left, which I couldn't find replacements for).

This was hanging around, and I had some time, so I have looked at the
whole.  One of the only two user-visible change was in the docs for
pg_amcheck, so I have applied that first as of 6fd8ae6 and backpatched
it down to 14.

Now, for the remaining 59..

> 1. agg_init_trans_check -> agg_trans
> 2. agg_strict_trans_check -> agg_trans

    /*
     * pergroup = &aggstate->all_pergroups
-    * [op->d.agg_strict_trans_check.setoff]
-    * [op->d.agg_init_trans_check.transno];
+    * [op->d.agg_trans.setoff]
+    * [op->d.agg_trans.transno];
     */
Honestly, while incorrect, I have no idea what this comment means ;)

> 4. CommitTSBuffer -> CommitTsBuffer // the inconsistency exists since 5da14938f; maybe this change should be
backpatched

Yes, we'd better backpatch that.  I agree that it seems more sensible
here to switch the compiled value rather than what the docs have been
using for years.  Perhaps somebody has a different opinion?

The others were OK and in line with the discussion of upthread, so
applied.
--
Michael

Вложения