Re: Wrong results from Parallel Hash Full Join

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Wrong results from Parallel Hash Full Join
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 11:17:04AM -0400, Melanie Plageman wrote:
> Ultimately this is probably fine. If we wanted to modify one of the
> existing tests to cover the multi-batch case, changing the select
> count(*) to a select * would do the trick. I imagine we wouldn't want to
> do this because of the excessive output this would produce. I wondered
> if there was a pattern in the tests for getting around this.

You could use explain (ANALYZE).  But the output is machine-dependant in
various ways (which is why the tests use "explain analyze so rarely).

So you'd have to filter its output with a function (like the functions
that exist in a few places for similar purpose).

--
Justin