Re: Check whether binaries can be released for s390x

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: Check whether binaries can be released for s390x
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Alvaro Herrera
> On 2023-Apr-04, Namrata Bhave wrote:
>
> > Hi Jonathan,
> >
> > Thank you for getting back.
> >
> > The request is mainly for the developer community to build and publish s390x binaries, apologies if I wasn't clear
earlier.
> > We can provide s390x VMs to build and test postgresql binaries if you feel infra is a blocker.
> >
> > Please let me know if any more information is needed.
>
> I think the audience that needs to hear this is
> pgsql-pkg-debian@lists.postgresql.org.

Hi Namrata,

we are interested. To be on par with the other architectures we
support, we'd need access to a build machine with 150GB of
disk, 16GB RAM and 8 cores. Host OS Debian stable, root access.

This would be for the Debian/Ubuntu part; the rpm/yum folks have
different requirements. (I'm adding Devrim on Cc.)

Is that something that IBM can arrange?

Last time we tried to set this up the showstopper were unreasonable
legal requirements from the IBM side, we were asked to sign documents
that went far beyond what usual agreements between open source
projects and hardware providers are. Fingers crossed this time. :)

> On 4/4/23 8:56 AM, Namrata Bhave wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are looking forward to get help from community on publishing s390x
> > binaries. As per downloads page, apt repo supports Ubuntu on
> > amd,arm,i386 and ppc64le.
> >
> > We had reached out earlier and are ready to provide infra if needed.
> > Wanted to check again if community is willing to help.
>

> --
> Álvaro Herrera

Thanks,
Christoph