Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 01, 2022 at 10:16:48AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Okay, done after an extra round of self-review.  I have finished by
> tweaking a couple of comments, and adjusted further TESTING to explain
> what needs to be done to have a dump compatible with the test.  Let's
> now see what goes wrong.

So, the first reports are published, and the buildfarm is rather cool
on the matter.  wrasse is the only buildfarm member that has reported
a failure, complaining that the dumps generated do not match.  I am
not completely sure what's going on there, so I have applied an extra
patch to get more information from the logs on failures, and switched
the test to use File::Compare::compare() to check if the dumps match.
This last part feels safer in the long run, anyway.  There should be a
diff command as previous runs used test.sh, so perhaps this is an
issue with its perl.  The next report should tell more.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set
Сообщение: Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set