Re: pg_dump new feature: exporting functions only. Bad or good idea ?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_dump new feature: exporting functions only. Bad or good idea ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 10:09:33PM +0100, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Agreed.  In this case it seems that adding --exclude-extension would make sense
> to keep conistency.  I took a quick stab at doing so with the attached while
> we're here.

src/test/modules/test_pg_dump would be the best place for the addition
of a couple of tests with this new switch.  Better to check as well
what happens when a command collides with --extension and
--exclude-extension.

    printf(_("  -e, --extension=PATTERN      dump the specified extension(s) only\n"));
+   printf(_("  --exclude-extension=PATTERN  do NOT dump the specified extension(s)\n"));
Shouldn't this be listed closer to --exclude-table-data in the --help
output?
--
Michael

Вложения