Re: Do sys logger and stats collector need wait events WAIT_EVENT_SYSLOGGER_MAIN/_PGSTAT_MAIN?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Do sys logger and stats collector need wait events WAIT_EVENT_SYSLOGGER_MAIN/_PGSTAT_MAIN?
Дата
Ответ на Do sys logger and stats collector need wait events WAIT_EVENT_SYSLOGGER_MAIN/_PGSTAT_MAIN?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 03, 2021 at 12:42:47PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> On the whole I'd be inclined to leave it alone.  Even if the reporting
> mechanisms aren't able to report these events today, maybe they'll
> be able to do so in future.  The context of the stats collector
> process, in particular, seems likely to change.

These come from 6f3bd98, where I am pretty sure that I (or Robert)
defined those values to not have users guess what to pass down to
WaitLatch(), assuming that this may become useful in the future.  So
I'd rather leave them be.
--
Michael

Вложения