Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 12:32:13PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 5/16/21 9:55 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Yes, I'm going to be proposing a series of smallish patches including
> these when the tree is branched (which I hope will be in a few weeks).

Thanks!  That clearly needs to happen first.  I'll help reviewing
these.

>> If we do that, then it should be possible to reduce the code footprint
>> in the buildfarm code, while still allowing people to test major
>> upgrades in the same old-fashioned way, right?  That's assuming that
>> PostgresNode is made compatible down to 9.2, of course, as a first
>> step, as that's the range of the dumps you are keeping around for the
>> buildfarm.
>
> I'm intending to add some older dumps. -) But for now 9.2 is a good target.

Makes sense.  For now, I'll update this patch set so as it is possible
to use custom dumps, as an option in parallel of pg_regress when
specifying a different source code path.  I'll also decouple the
business with probin updates and stick with the approach used by the
buildfarm code.
--
Michael

Вложения