Re: Typo in tablesync comment

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Typo in tablesync comment
Дата
Re: Typo in tablesync comment  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 10:38:31AM +1100, Peter Smith wrote:
> PSA a trivial patch to correct what seems like a typo in the tablesync comment.

- *       subscribed tables and their state.  Some transient state during data
- *       synchronization is kept in shared memory.  The states SYNCWAIT and
+ *       subscribed tables and their state.  Some transient states during data
+ *       synchronization are kept in shared memory. The states SYNCWAIT and

This stuff refers to SUBREL_STATE_* in pg_subscription_rel.h, and FWIW
I find confusing the term "transient" in this context as a state may
last for a rather long time, depending on the time it takes to
synchronize the relation, no?  I am wondering if we could do better
here, say:
"The state tracking the progress of the relation synchronization is
additionally stored in shared memory, with SYNCWAIT and CATCHUP only
appearing in memory."
--
Michael

Вложения